Saturday, August 25, 2007

Been awhile

Hey there everyone. It's been awhile huh? It's been almost a month since I posted. Where has all the time gone?? I miss you guys a lot! I've been pretty busy actually. Working, working, working. Trying to save up some money for my wedding. Yes, I type WEDDING! Joe proposed to me awhile back. We set our date for October 17, 2009. We set it kinda far back mostly for money issues. We want to save up enough to do it proper, and to save enough for a decent honeymoon. I also want to lose some weight. I have my dress picked out, the location for the ceremony picked out, the location for the reception, pretty much everything. My godson David is going to be my ring bearer, my cousin Nina, the flower girl, my step dad is going to give me away, and my mom, sis-in-law (and sis in my heart!! Love you Banni) and cousin Brandy are gonna be my matron of honor and my brides maids.

I have a dilema though, maybe you guys can help me out a bit.
I DONT WANT SPERM DONOR AT THE WEDDING!

I haven't told my grandparents that yet. I don't know if they told him I'm engaged yet either. They don't talk often, but he usually calls around this time to wish both of them a happy b-day cos both their birthdays are in September. I didn't know how to politely tell them not to tell their son that their only granddaughter is getting married. He will ruin my day if he shows up with his mulletted drunk self. He seems to think he is entitled to have any say in my life. It's like he is in denial of the fact that I have seen him three times in the 22 years he's been gone, and that I have talked to him exactly three times since his last visit over three years ago! (hmm, I'm sensing a pattern here) Anyhoo, how do you guys think I should approach the issue?


Well, bye for now, but I plan to post again soon. I went to the Military Honor park last month for a festival. They have a museum and they had tanks and other cool stuff out and I took a few pics I want to post. I need to get them out of my camera though, so thats for later.

Love ya and miss ya all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from ya again chick! Congrats on the impending wedding! When my sis in law got married, she was dead set against her stepmother from showing up. And guess who showed up for the rehearsal? yep..Sarah had it set up to have her stopped from coming in the church, but then thought, "why ruin everyones' day? Let that bitch see what shes missin out on" lol Long story short, in our case, it was just best to let bygones be bygones and let the bitch sit through the service..but in your case, that may be different. set some "security" up and have him stopped from entering without you having to deal with him directly. Maybe that will help things..I don't know. Do what your heart tells you though. And tell Joe, I said he'd better be a good husband! Or I'll have to drown him in Lake Michigan! hehe...miss ya girl!

Sassy said...

What Jess said! Congrats on the engagement. I'm not a big fan of marriage, haha, but I do wish you the best!

Try the sacred heart diet at www.idiet4u.com. Some of the nurses are doing it at my sister's work and they've lost lots of weight. I'm gonna begin it next week. I could sure lose a few pounds. Good luck!

Holly said...

Ok, first, Wow!, congratulations, Mindy! That's such great news. :) :) :)

I can so totally feel you on not wanting the sperm donor there. I had the same concerns about my mom being at my wedding. She ended up being invited, but she didn't come regardless. Because your wedding date is so far away, I wouldn't worry to much right now about letting him know he's not invited. He's got two years to get the hint, and you never know, things could change in that time. And if they don't, screw him anyway, it's going to be YOUR special day, and if you don't want him there, he wont' be there.

I'm so happy for you...(sniffs)...I love weddings!

xoxo,
holly

fineartist said...

Congrats honey. This is a tough situation, but I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. Maybe you could pose the question to your grandparents. Tell them how you honestly feel and explain to them that you don't want to hurt them but you feel strongly that it would be best if your sperm doner not be present.

I know you'll figure it all out, you're a wise one chicka.

love, lori

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Congratulations!

mulletted drunk self

'nuff said.

Nothing more liberating than facing these things head on.
Call him up.
Tell him how it is.
If he's a man, he'll take it and you'll feel a hint of, 'Maybe he should come.'
If he's not a man, he'll whine like a bitch and you'll be all the more pleased that you told him not to show up.
If he does show up, make sure the groomsmen have numbchucks.

(I don't know how to spell numbchucks, and yes, it's Friday night. I have been drinking.)

Hugs, love, peace for your heart.
Happiness is on your way.
He can't spoil that.
As Eleanor Roosevelt said, and I'm paraphrasing, people can't make you feel small unless you let them...translation, he can't rob you of your happy day by being a drunken asshole if you pay any attention to it.
It'll cause a lot more controversy if you try to handle this behind the scenes.
Call him.
Show him what adults do.

I love ya.
So happy for you, too!