Friday, March 7, 2008

My cousin Shane is in the hospital. Has been since Wednesday evening. He fell down and actually tore his spleen. He is in tremendous amounts of pain, so much so they have him on morphine. He is bleeding internally. They are trying to get him to stop without having to do surgery. Now, I'm no doctor, but if he is still bleeding three days later, shouldn't they just do the surgery? I mean, he's in pain. I stopped by to see him today and I could tell how bad he was. He kept losing breath mid sentence and every time he coughed he almost cried. Now, Shane is my oldest cousin and I have never seen him anything but strong and fit and full of humor. It was so creepy to see him lying in that bed, in so much pain. I wanted to cry!

9 comments:

fineartist said...

I'll say some prayers for Shane honey.

Sometimes it seems like doctors need fires put under their asses.

xxoo

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Me, too. Makes ME want to cry. What are they waiting for?

*Please don't tell me better insurance, or I'll go crazy.

Anonymous said...

2 words..second opinion. What could it hurt? Hope he gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Sassy said...

They need to take his spleen out. Hmm..I wonder if there is something else going on as well.

I will pray for him!

Anonymous said...

They won't take spleens out anymore because of some thing about them containing crap for your immune system..I just found that out..lol

Sassy said...

Jess...spleen this!

Ok?!

Good!

lol

Anonymous said...

Hey now! This is a conversation for people with Gall Bladders ONLY! Exit Stage right! :p

Sassy said...

Heeeeeeey!!!!!!!