Saturday, October 3, 2009

Holy Crap, it's been 6 MONTHS!!!!

I am so so so so so sorry I have been absent from my blog for so long, though it does look like I wasn't the only one that wasn't updating very often. I would like to say that things have been crazy, but really I don't have much to talk about. I have mostly been keeping to myself. My 30th birthday was pretty uneventful. I went down to our VFW. My brother made me a sugar free cake in the shape of a flutterby. I don't remember if I told you all I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have it completely under control though. I take metformin daily, along with my prozac. I had my doctor up my dosage. I was sooooo sick and tired. My sugar was completely out of control, to the point where I was was so dizzy I had trouble keeping my balance. I was tired and I could barely make myself get up and go to work in the morning. But that has changed. I am still a homebody, but I like to go out occassionaly. I just prefer to have quiet evenings at home, with my dogs and cats. Yes, you read that right, dogs. I took in a 17 year old pomeranian mix after his owner was put in a nursing home with dementia. He is half blind and half deaf and has arthritis in his back legs and hips, but he is still so full of spirit. His name is Peanut, but I call him Bubbers....he doesnt respond to either though, lol. I have to clap my hands to get his attention. He is such a sweet boy! He holds his own with Molly and still plays with me. He prances and trots around and barks for my attention and sometimes he even runs around outside. I will post a pic of him at the bottom of this post.

The one year anniversary of me and Joe splitting up came and went and I didn't even realize it till almost a week later. I haven't seen him since before Christmas and havent heard from him since I think around January. Don't know where he is, don't really care. Except to get the blazer back from him.

I got my learners permit and I am finally driving. I bought a van from my Aunt Nita and Uncle Jim. Got it insured and titled and plated and I can take my drive test the end of this month.

I also applied to go back to school. It wont be for awhile though. Gotta get some financial stuff worked out first, but I got the process started at least.

Still renting a house with my bestie Dustin. We got along for the most part, though sometimes I want to murder him in his sleep. No, we are not dating. I get asked the question a lot lately. I guess people still find it unusual for men and women to just be friends. We have lived together for over a year, and have been friends for even longer. It's a good, easy friendship and I wouldnt want to ruin it by doing something I know we would regret.

Well, thats about it. I am still working in my customer service job. Work is pretty damn slow, very very scary. After the federal tax went up on the cigs and our ecomomy went in the shitter, convenience stores and cig shops started closing up left and right, and the ones that didnt downgraded. I worry constanly about my losing my job. I am cross trained so that helps, but still.....

Missed you all!!!!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Well, it sounds like you are pretty content for the most part. Glad you are back. And welcome to the Prozac club! lol