Friday, February 9, 2007

My mom fell down at work today, dislocated her left elbow. She's ok now, but I spent the day worrying about her. They told me to stay home because they didn't need a crowd of people hovering around. I wasn't happy, but I obliged them seeing as how this was about my mom, not me. She had a hell of a day though. She went first to Med Pointe, but since she got hurt at work, they wouldn't see her. They made her go to Occupational Health, who told her that she had two fractures and a dislocated elbow so they sent her to on Orthopedic Surgeon, who said that she DIDN'T have any fractures, so THEY sent her to the emergency room at Memorial Hospital, where she spent the next several hours with incompetent doctors who don't seem to know how to put a dislocated elbow back in place. They almost sent her home thinking it was back in place, but it wasn't so they had to call the doctor back in. Fast forward another 2.5 hours and she's finally at home, knocked out with pain killers. I'm gonna go see her tomorrow, make sure she is ok. I think she should sue, but that's just me. My mom is my best friend and I did NOT do well sitting at home while I knew she was in agony, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was so angry that she kept getting shuffled back and forth when she was in so much pain. How could they just send her away like that?? And why the hell did they think she had fractures?? They dont know how to use an x-ray machine?? *fuming*

---------------------------------------------

I have this cousin. Her name is Michelle. We used to be close. I've talked about Michelle before. Her two boys, David and Elijah are my god sons. Elijah was born in December and I have yet to see him. When he was born I was sick, and continued to be sick well past Christmas. Before I go further, I should give you some back story. Michelle is a user. It took me a LONG time to come to terms with that fact. Oh, I knew she was a user, but I was just naive enough to think she wouldn't use ME. There used to be a time when I would do ANYTHING for Michelle, mostly cos of David, but I did love her a lot. We grew up together. Before my brother married my sister in law, Michelle and her sister Mary were the closest things I had to sisters. While Michelle was pregnant with Elijah she called me constantly for rides and other things. At first I was happy to help out. I mean, she was pregnant with no car and she was family after all. But with gas prices as high as they are we couldn't do it anymore unless she gave us a bit of gas money now and then. As soon as I asked for some, she stopped calling. I heard from her once before Elijah was born, calling cos she was stranded at the hospital. She was in labor but not enough for them to keep her there, so she was discharged and she had no way to get home, so we went and got her. I couldn't just leave her there. I didn't hear from her for about three days, when she called me to tell me Elijah was born. After that, I tried to get ahold of her several times to make sure she was okay and to see if I could see Elijah now that I wasn't sick. I couldn't get ahold of her. I left voice mail messages several times, and called my aunt Wanda, her mom, to make sure she was okay and to tell her I was trying to get ahold of Michelle. Still didn't hear from her. I finally got pissed and stopped trying. Then last week Michelle starts calling me cos her belated baby shower is on Sunday (and I'm just now hearing about it) and she wanted to see if I could help out with the games and stuff. Now remember, I havent heard from her since before Christmas, and now shes calling wanting my help. I didn't call her back for three days, letting her call me several times asking if I was mad at her. I finally called her back today and she answeres the phone: "finally, you called me back!!" and my reply was: "geez, and I've been trying to call you since December!" She claims that no one has the code for their voice mail and that she didn't know I had called. I know she has caller ID though. I'm not dumb. Then my sister in law called and we were talking about my mom, so I told her I would call her back, but of course she didn't answer.

I just dont understand how she thinks she can get away with using me like that. Out of all my cousins, and I have a lot, the only one that calls me just to chat is my cousin Brandy Marie. She just wants to talk to me, to chat about anything and everything. If it wasnt for David, who owns my heart, I wouldnt have anything to do with her. I'm not going to the baby shower. I will get Elijah a pack of pampers and an outfit and leave it with her mom, but I just cant take being used anymore. Maybe if she starts calling me just to talk, and not when she thinks she can get something from me, I will renew my relationship with her, but not until then.

My next post will be about the reason why I have a new blog. Its a lot like Holly's reason actually. Until then, Love ya all!!!

5 comments:

beckyboop said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I hate doctors and our health care system! I sorry she was shuffled all around while in pain. (Sarcastically) That is always fun. Sonsab*tches.

I'm also sorry about your cousin/friend. I had a friend once who totally screwed me around as well. It breaks your heart and leaves you bewildered.

Sassy said...

Most of my so called friends "use" me. That's why I don't really have any friends anymore. Hope all works out.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom..and you're retarded friend/cousin...And just for the record, Sassy is NOT talking bout me! right!? :-P You should hang with us Pearly girl..

Holly said...

Pearl, alrighty then, I have finally found you. Thought I found you before, but I guess I was wrong, huh? (wouldn't be the first time, or second, or third, and so on and so forth unto eternity) :).

Very sorry to hear about your moms. I felt exactly the same way about my grandma. She's a lucky woman to have a daughter/friend like you!

As for your cousin, man on man, do we have similar situations going on there! I HATE users, and have no "use" for them, tee hee. And to top it all off, they act like they're NOT users, and like we should be happy to drop whatever the hell it is WE'RE doing to help THEM! Pisses me right off, I tell ya. Like you with your godson, I'm still attached because of my nephew, but I refuse to allow her to be in my life. It's just not worth it.

I wish we could hang out. I know we have a lot in common, and would be great friends in the real world. If you and Joe ever decide to take a vacation in Eureka Springs (and lots of people do, actually) lemme know, so we can hook up! Or if you guys ever want to take a road trip, you can stay with me. :) It'd be lots of fun, and I'd feed you too!

Anyhoo, I'm glad I've got the right blog address now.

Love ya!

fineartist said...

Oh poor momma, man hospitals, doctors, grrrrrrrr. Glad to hear that she's better now.

Sorry you've had so much crap going on, I blame the weather for everything, period. But I know some people are just plain old shits, and we do well to distance ourselves from them.

love you too!