Friday, November 21, 2008

I had a pretty eventful week this week. Well, actually just the last two days were eventful I guess! I could tell something was happening, as my boss's office is right next to mine, and he talks VERY LOUDLY even when its a normal conversation, and my desk is up against the wall we share. He had the Human Resources lady in there, and kept calling people in. Some came out crying, or VERY angry. Then I find out that they were moving people to different departments. Ok. Fine. I didn't think they were gonna move me cos I have tried to move and tried to move to no avail. I was resigned to being stuck in my little corner doing data entry for the rest of my life. Well, at the end of the day I was putting invoices together and the boss pulls one of the ladies from customer service into his office. I ended with her being walked out with all her personal belongings, and of course a lot of crying. I was ready to leave a few minutes later so I grab my purse and coat only to find the boss and the HR lady waiting for me at the time clock. He says "clock out and meet me in the office." My stomach dropped to my feet! Then I look at my boss and see he's SMILING!

"So, since your smiling, I am going to assume your NOT firing me??" My exact words, I promise.

The HR lady bursts out laughing and we go to her office where they tell me that I am being moved to customer service starting December 1st!

Now, I am all sorts of excited until they tell me my hours. I will be working 830-7 monday thru thursday. I am used to working 10 hours a day, thats not a problem. But working till 7 at night during the winter?? It will be pitch black and snowy! But, I will get a raise after I am trained. They want to base it on my performance so I need to bust my ass! One other downside is that at 4 oclock I have to leave customer service and go back to my old job and finish it up cos the guy they are putting in there leaves at 4 for school. Now, I don't mind doing different things and helping out, but that just sucks donkey balls. What if he gets way behind and I am stuck there till all hours of the night?? Oh well, at least I didn't get fired, and I will be getting a raise in about a month or so, so thats good!

How was everyone elses week???

4 comments:

Lavinia said...

Pearl, congratulations on your promoting, and getting moved which you have tried to do for the longest time. I have to say, these hours are quite long. I guess it beats being unemployed though. I think your post today is a real 'sign of the times'. The economy is in the toilet!

So happy you still have a paycheque you can count on....

You'll shine in your new job, and obviously you've been doing a great job up until now, as they are promoting you. I hope your new job is loads more interesting!

fineartist said...

I am so proud of you hon, now, lemme give you some advice, you can decide whether you'll take it or not, but I bet you have already thought of it...getting to know the kid who is taking over your position is a must, and ensuring that you two have a good working relationship is crucial. That way you can make sure he knows what he needs to do first and help him prioritize so you wont be left with a lot of cleaning up his messes...Yep teach him the job, let him know the order he should do it in, I think I'd even write him a cheat sheet, listing the order of his jobs, or explaining things in detail so he'll be sure to do a good job and you wont be stuck doing two good jobs all by yourself.

love you, mean it too,
Lori

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Whew! You scared the crap out of me at first.
So glad it ended up with a promotion.

fineartist said...

Happy Christmas Pearly Q, love you, Lori and BEcky!