Saturday, January 17, 2009

Holy Cow! Its been awhile since I updated. I think that is the norm in blog world though...its been crazy hectic lately, because of the holidays...I'm so glad they are over! I don't think I would get all stressed out if everyone else would act at least a little bit sane. I don't understand why everyone is so rude and mean and inconsiderate during the holidays. They are supposed to be a time of joy, but everyone always seems so miserable. I just don't get it. Probably never will.

On the work front, they laid 7 people off and I am a bit scared of what will happen next. We also closed one of our small warehouses in Fort Wayne. I was hoping for a raise with my new position, but I'm scare to ask. Right now, I am just happy I have a job at all! Customer Service is pretty nice. It's a bit slow right now, but that works since I am still learning some aspects of the job, and it's easier to learn when things aren't so crazy. I know things will pick back up this summer. Maybe not as busy as summer time usually is, but I think things will pick back up. Hopefully the people that got laid off will get their jobs back soon. I still have to go back to my old job twice a week, at least until summer break. I don't care much for it, but again, at least I still have a job.

Money is pretty darn tight. Luckily Dustin's (my roommate) parents are understanding and very generous and they work with us. My gas bill was 200.00 this month and I almost cried. They paid the bill and we are making payments to them on it. I got my w-2s back and filed my taxes already. I am filing bankruptsy with my tax check. I have too many doctor bills and credit cards and I am tired of the constant calls threatening to garnish my wages.

My brother offered to let me move into his house, but I don't want to do that unless I have no other option. I love my house. It's small, but its on a quiet street and I have a large back yard and I am as happy as I can be here. Molly can run and play and she loves it here too. My cats are happy. They sit and look outside all day long and seem very content. I get along well with my roommate and while money is tight, we are making it work.

I am still pretty lonely. I have no life right now, lol....I work and come home. I play with Molly, surf the net and watch t.v. I miss Joe something awful some days, but then other times, I am glad he is gone. I guess that is also part of the healing....I wish that things could be resolved I guess. He won't talk to me about it at all....he just packed his stuff and left...like he was glad that I have him a reason to leave....and maybe thats true...maybe he wanted to leave...he sure could have gone about it a better way. He kept denying everything...even when I had proof of the drug use, he just kept saying it was a lie....and that the women he talked to were "just his friends". Its so frustrating because I haven't gotten any closure. He just up and left....no explination, nothing....GRRRR!!!!

Oh well...I know I am better off....wish I could find someone so I am not so lonely though.

3 comments:

Rain said...

Hey Pearl,

I thought you quit blogging a long time ago. sorry to hear about your troubles, Whoa, be careful with that bancruptcy. If it's just over credit cards it may not be worth it. Get some good advice, I am not an expert. But they will just write your credit cards off as a loss and sell them to a collection agency, those are the ones calling you. Just get a different number. Rebuild your credit by paying your other bills as best you can.
take care,
Rain

Sassy said...

Yeah, do not file bankruptcy! What Rain said. Trust me.

As for Joe, I know it's hard, everyone needs some kind of closure. I know you're lonely. I know how that feels, but whatever you do...don't go on the rebound! Then again, what the hell do I know.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Wish I could do something for ya.

*hugs*

Lavinia said...

Hi Pearl. I hope the loneliness abates. You've got Molly, so you are way ahead of the game.

It's too bad how things turned out with Joe, but I am convinced you are better off without him than with him, after what happened. Closure will come in time, I hope, as time is the greatest healer.