Sunday, February 8, 2009

ya know whats been kinda irritating me lately?? its not anything serious, but it really bugs me...

this ebonics bull crap the young kids have been using lately...i mean, when i change the spelling on a word, its to shorten it...but whats with the way kids spell things lately??

my cousin spells stuff on her myspace page all weird and crap....baYbee for baby, yew for you...stuff like that... i am not a damn tree!...bugs the crap outta me...im constantly trying to decipher her messages when she sends me stuff....does anyone else have this problem, and am i getting old cos of it???

5 comments:

Rain said...

We could be getting old, but I don't like that stuff either. I didn't watch the Grammy's because I either didn't know or didn't care about any of the artists. I am definitely getting old :)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I can feel the wrinkles deepen on my face whenever I try to decipher.
Which is the perfect word to describe it.
It's just secret code so we don't know what they're really up to.
Which is fine by me.

I also didn't watch the Grammy's.

They need a Grammy Grammy's.

WE NEED TO TAKE YOUTH BACK!!

Who's with me? I'm too young to be scratching my head over this stuff.

Sassy said...

We are both getting old. Those words also irritate me.

beckyboop said...

I'm not crazy about them either. It's a new generation. Give them a break. Thier little brains are just not ripe yet.

I hope it is not that kids today just don't know how to spell.

Lavinia said...

Pearl, its not just you. It's a terrible problem. Spelling and grammar is just going down the tubes nowadays. I blame texting. The other day I got a text that said "Im in the ekevator".

What the heck is an ekevator? Oh, you mean elevator!!!