Friday, June 29, 2007

Had a bad day today. Sorry my first post in ages, starts with that, but I did. First, I had to get up early, after working till 230 am, because I had an appointment, and dumb ass me didn't think to make it for later in the afternoon.

Then, I went with my sister in law, brother, and mom to the vet to put their lab Lucky to sleep. It was so hard to say good bye to him, even though I knew he was in pain. He was my "Lucker Dog" my buddy. He was my favorite. I love all their animals, but Lucker Dog was my buddy. He used to knock their other dogs out of the way so I would pay attention to just him. He would make his little chuffing noises to show his contentment and if I stopped petting him, he would hit me with his head to keep going. I will miss him so much!!! I haven't cried that hard in a good long time.

I remember everyone used to be so scared of him, cos he played at being mean, but in reality he was nothing but a GIGANTIC lap dog.

I went not only to say good-bye, but also to show support to my sister and brother. She was there for me when I had to put my Ninja Kitty to sleep, she drove me in the middle of the night to the emergency vet when my dads cat (more mine than his though) went into renal failure, and she was there for me when my Dachshund Daisy got hit by a car. As much as my heart was breaking, I knew her pain was ten fold, and I had to be there for her, just as shes always been there for me.

Rest In Peace Lucky
1993-2007
I will never forget you

Sorry, I don't have a pic of him handy, but I'm sure Brandi will post one on her blog sometime soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry chick! I really am.

fineartist said...

Bless your heart, you have had a trying day.

I'm sorry too hon, hugs.

xxx

Sassy said...

Man that sucks. *hugs*

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Sorry to hear about Lucker Dog.
And sorry I'm so late popping in.

hug