Friday, June 1, 2007

Spring Cleaning, A Bit Late

I decided the other day to take most of this weekend to completely clean and purge my apartment. Who knew that a year would build up so much junk. Don't get me wrong, my place isn't filthy, its just cluttered and messy. I straighten up all the time, but I don't actually clean, and by clean I mean, clean out all the closets, cupboards and junk like that. It amazes me all the junk we've accumulated! Some of the things I've come across, I don't know where they came from. I found Christmas Decorations on top of the fridge, how'd that get there?? Anyhoo, I'm taking a much needed break from that to blog and drink a cup of Ice Tea.

I got my first package for my Soldier all ready to to. Joe and I are gonna go the post office tomorrow to mail it out. I hope he likes what I got him. I only got a few things for his first package because I'm waiting to hear back from him on what he likes or needs. The website (www.soldiersangels.com) said I might not. If thats that case, then I will just continue to send random things to him and hope that he likes or needs them. They also said that if our Soldier doesn't need or like something, there are plenty of others that may need it too, so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm planning on signing another years lease here. Joe and I looked around for something cheaper, but no go. Unless I want to live in Crack Head Haven, otherwise known as Pin Oak Manor, then Castle Point is the cheapest place around for the square footage we get here. I do love the place, I just wanted something a bit bigger and that allows dogs, so I can get me a doggie. We have over 700 sqft here, and most of the other apartments have less than that. We did look at a place called Mckinley Woods, that is REAL nice. It was actually a town home, with a fenced in back yard, 1.5 baths, two bedrooms, shed in the back yard, and lots of closets, plus a stacked washer and dryer. I LOVED it, and so did Joe, but it was not in our budget. We've been kind of bummed out lately, because they allow dogs and cats, and there is no extra monthly pet cost like most places. So we decided to stay here another year. We do have the option of getting a different apartment here. They have a one bedroom with a den that we are thinking about. When we go back to discuss our lease, we are going to ask to see one, see if it is worth moving to another apartment and for the extra cost.

Well, enough of my break time, I want to meet my cleaning goal for today, so I can justify going swimming later. Tomorrow its cupboard and closet cleaning day. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi sweetie! It's good to hear you're doing well. I did get your letter, and I love you very much and I'm sorry I haven't been on here more, but you've been on my mind. :)

You're such a warm,caring woman. I'm so glad you're doing well and not moving to Crack Head Haven, ha ha. Crack kills. Fo' sho'.

Got some new pics on my blog, one of the kitten that died, and some other crap.

I love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud and happy that you have adopted a soldier! I have a few very good friends over there, and they need support. My hub was in the Army for 6 yrs so I got a special soft spot for them. Rock on chick! :-)

fineartist said...

Hey sweetie, I've been missin me some Pearl.

I'm trying to get back in the bloggy world, the portal seems more open to me now, look out.

I hear ya on out growing your space, oh hell, me too, and I keep saving all of this shit in storage that I should just get rid of. MOstly furniture, and not even really good furniture. Heh.

It was good to hear about what's going on with you, even if it's only one afternoon. I felt like we were talking face to face reading this.

ginormous love, Lori