Friday, October 12, 2007

A Not So Good Diagnosis

Today I went to the doctor and found out that I am Pre Diabetic. Not good. Not good at all. Both my grandmothers were/are diabetic and I never wanted that for me. It's may fault though, for letting myself get so heavy. I'm working on it now though. My new, healthy lifestyle is going well. I go to my next Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow, to see how much more I lost. I prefer to go by their scale as opposed to my doctors. According to my doc's, I lost another two pounds, but Weight Watchers is digital, so I want to go by theirs. Anyhoo, I have to take medication, and check my sugar three times a week, then see my doc again in six weeks. She thinks I will be okay as long as I keep going to weight watchers and keep losing weight. I'm upset, but hopeful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...talk about some hard work! You can do it though, and you will. It makes a difference when you know your life truely depends on it huh? Good luck chick! I gots faith in ya! :-)

fineartist said...

Bless your heart hon. I am proud of you for getting medical attention, man no wonder you were feeling so crappy.

love,
Lori

Sassy said...

Well sounds like you are one step ahead with the weight watchers. Good luck!