Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Well, my birthday was a quiet affair, mostly cos I'm celebrating it this weekend since I had to work and I get paid this week, so I will have the money to properly celebrate it!!

My dad's 50th was this weekend as well, two days before mine. We threw him a huge bash....kudos to my sis in law and brother for all their hard work, as me and my mom had to work, so we couldn't help much. My brother made a cool ass cake that looked like a demolition derby. He had little hills made out of cake, and brown frosting for the dirt, and little matchbox cars and monster trucks. It was awesome!!! Tasted great too!!! Then Sunday I let Joe go on the Road Rally with my dad and step bro, even though it was my birthday. I had the house to myself on my bday...peace and quiet!! They got third place too, which was totally cool.

Sperm Donor (bio dad) sent me a card on my bday. It was early!! I couldn't believe it!! He remembered AND it was early!!! Will wonders never cease!!! It had a little note it in telling me he knew that he forgot things and was never around but that he does love me, blah blah blah...I jotted a quick note telling him thanks, and sent the pic of me and Joe that was taken right before xmas..the one on my myspace page.....I just don't know what to do when it comes to him..never do, prolly never will.....

Work seems to be going better this week. Only worked three hours overtime in two days, instead of 8...yay!!!!

Well, gotta go check on my dinner. Thanks for all the bday wishes everyone!!

6 comments:

Sassy said...

Having the house to yourself is the best birthday gift ever.

As for your dad...just take him for what he is...a dad who only wants to "play" dad when he wants to. pfft...However, I'm sure his card put a smile on your face..even though you deserve sooo much more.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I think that this summer either you, or me and Sassy should do a road trip and hang out..party hardy..we could celebrate everyone's birthday in one big bash..yeah..I think that should be planned..woot woot
glad you had a good birthday chick!

Sassy said...

Yeah what Jess said!

fineartist said...

yeah and I want to come too, with Becky of course!

I'm so glad you had a great birthday Pearl!

love,
Lori

Lavinia said...

Hi Pearl,

A day alone with the house to yourself...what bliss. This is a very interesting post; its nice to learn more about you and your family. Your brother sounds very creative; I would like to see a photo of that cake. We often photograph cakes in my family, even the store-bought ones (and we usually eat store-bought ones). I wonder why we do that, mostly to preserve the image of something nice before we 'dig in' and demolish it.

Congrats to the men as well on the "third place win" at the rally.

Well now, about your dad. What can I say, except that my father lives with me and he *still* forgets my birthday! I have to tell him, hey dad, its my birthday today! I'm glad you got a card from your biological dad, though. It's nice to be remembered on one's birthday.

I hope you have a truly awesome birthday this weekend, and the weather co operates. Its unusually warm and sunny here so I'm sending "good weather wishes" your way.

I'm so glad I came across your blog and I enjoy every visit here. Best birthday celebration wishes to you and again, best wishes for a terrific upcoming year.

Regards,
Lavinia