Friday, April 25, 2008

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been out of touch. I had a VERY long week. I guesstimate that I worked about 63 hours in 4 days. I worked 930 am Monday till 330 Am Tuesday, went home, slept about 4 hours, then was back at 10 am that same day and worked till midnight. Worked 10 am till midnight on wednesday, then worked 930 am Thursday, till 245 am wednesday. I came home, went to bed and slept till noon, got up for a few hours, then went back to sleep and slept till about 930. I feel much better now, though the only thing I go accomplished was cleaning the rat cage.

-------------------

Last weekend Joe was supposed to take me to Olive Garden, but when we got there the line of people waiting for a table was almost around the building, so we ended up going to Logans RoadHouse......I don't know if they have those everywhere, or just South Bend, but they are a steak house, and they have the most delicious rolls, steaks and just about everything. A bit pricey, but very good food and service. You also get a bucket of peanuts and you just throw the shells on the floor!!!!!!!!!

My brother made me a cake, though I didnt give him enough notice to make it classic Pooh, but it was a cool cake anyways. I took a pic, I just havent had time to DL it. I will do that as soon as I can, and post it for you all.

------------

My meds seem to be helping me a lot. I forgot to take them yesterday though. The first half of the day I was downright chipper, but as the hours wore on, I started to feel fuzzy and frayed around the edges. By 130 am, I was so upset I was close to pulling my hair out. I chewed Joe out for being slow and totally snapped at my boss. Luckily he understood and I wont get in trouble. We've all been working so many long hours that we are all snapping at each other and falling apart.

The head supervisor, our floor supervisor (the one I yelled at) and our Human Resources director called everyone into the office one by one to thank us for all our hard work these last few days and the tell us we are doing a good job. Our workload literally doubled in a week and we are so short handed right now its pathetic. They hired a few people and hopefully it will get better.

They are supposed to be hiring me a helper, most likely a temp or a part timer just to help me with the date entry so I can do my other duties and not get behind. I had been able to handle it until this week. I wont get into all the detail of the drama in my office, but lets just say that hopefully they will be getting rid of the unreliable people and actually put someone in my office that can help me instead of screwing me over constantly.


Well, sorry this post jumped around a bit. So much has been going on, and I am still so tired, so I dont know if it has made any sense to any of you.

Good Night

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a Logans down here in Clarksville..My brother gave me a gift card for there for Christmas..haven't made it to eat there yet cuz it's 45 mins away..lol

OMG you are working yourself to death woman..Must make for a good pay check though for sure!

Try to relax when you can! Thanks for the early birthday wishes! I'm going out on Thursday to celebrate at my usual Thursday night Karaoke place. Got a few peoples joining me so hopefully I won't have to pay for my drinks..I mean, it is MY birthday, why should I have to pay right? lol

Anyway, yeah..Slow down when you can chick! <3

Ms Dragonfly said...

that's too many hours! i'm glad i don't have to work like that anymore!

Lavinia said...

You are a workhouse; how long can it go on....I hope relief is coming your way and fast. I love the peanut shells on the floor, that sounds like fun.....I'm glad you enjoyed your Birthday Dinner....your post covered a lot, I really like that. Fills us in....I love "Pooh" too, my favourite is The Blustery Day...fuzzy and frayed..I can relate, that is how I am without my morning coffee....

Pearl, I am sending you best wishes for good resolution of the office problems, and a ((Winnie the Pooh hug)) for your fatigue.

Enjoy your weekend!

fineartist said...

Honey those hours are beastly. Please be good to you for me.

Hugs you, and love too,
Lori

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I used to be a temp in the summers for a factory that makes electrical boxes. They hired us "college kids" if our parents worked there. It was a perfect arrangement for the busy months. Times were booming. Then everything seemed to crash around 2001. The program ended. At one time, you'd see a couple hundred "kids" walking in with their folks to work, and everyone was happy. Then that stopped and they just started making everybody work seven days a week. Hard to turn down the money, but it's terrible on the body and soul.
This is why I liked Edwards. You just know something more about life when you've put in overtime on a body draining job.

Anyway. Guess I'm jumping around, too.
I hope they let up on ya a bit. Don't push it too hard that accidents start happening.
And I hope you get more Logan nights. I love that place. Great when you have kids (so long as their not allergic). Nothing better than a place that feeds them right away, because we're always half starved before we get around to sitting down to eat.

Happy Birthday!

Ms Dragonfly said...

send me the link to that artist you recommended so i can check her out, please :)

Sassy said...

You shouldn't miss your meds no more than four days! Believe me, I KNOW. AND that is what the doctor told me. I put my bottle of meds on my nightstand so I don't forget to take them at night. Try that.

Hope you get some rest soon!

Sassy said...

Oh yeah we have a Logan's here, but I prefer Texas Roadhouse. Same kind of food, but I personally think the food is better. And you get to throw peanuts on the floor there too!

fineartist said...

Holly had her baby! 8 lbs 10 oz, mother and daughter are both doing well after a c section. She'll be out of the hospital monday.

love love love