Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good and Bad News

Well, I have had a mixture of a week. I have had some good news, and some bad news. I don't have time to go into it all right now, but its in my heart and on my mind, so I had to post something....

The bad news first: I have something called High Grade Cervical Dsyplasia. Its abnormal cells in my cervix...my doctor said that it can turn into cervical cancer...I have a high risk of that happening....they sent my tests to a gynocologist who is going to look them over and call me to schedule an appointment to do a biopsy. I will keep you updated...I am pretty scared right now.

The good news: My employers are really noticing how hard I have been working lately. They not only gave me, and a few others a bonus, but I also got a raise!! WHOO HOO!!! I got my raise because I showed my dedication (or craziness, you decide) for staying and working an 18 hour shift even though I was so sick, I had a fever and was nausous and almost threw up several times.

Well, thats all for now. I will update more this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..Don't worry Mindy, I'm one big abnormal cell and I'm fine..heh..I'm positive it's gone be nothing! I've had so many docs tell me I've had abnormal paps and ect and after being prodded and poked and biopsied, things turn out fine. I think they have a deal with the insurance companies..scare the bejesus out of people and put them thru unneccesary worry and we'll give you a box of free pens! woot woot!
ok, so I'm weird..thats what makes me ME..lol
Things will be fine! I'm sending you goodie thoughts cuz I think you rock..And we still need to plan a get together this summer!!!
Congrats on the bonus and raise too! Can I borrow some money?

Sassy said...

I had a biopsy of my cervix years ago, not to scare you, but it freakin hurts! It ended up being nothing and then they did a freezing treatment of my cervix, even though it was nothing..which makes no sense...and that freakin hurt too because it makes your uterus contract.

I'm praying for you to get good results.

Congrats on the raise and bonus! If you loan Jess some money, can you loan me some too?

Good luck, girl!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take some tylonol or something before you get the biopsy done..it does help a little bit..and have someone there to squeeze the shit out of..that helps too..
Think we've scared her enough Sassy? Sorry Mindy..honestly didn't mean to..lol

fineartist said...

Yes do keep an eye on it, and do get it checked out. I've had messed up pap smears too, returned to have them done over and they came back clear. Weird, so weird, damn it and it really does freak you out plenty.

I'll be praying for you sweetie, and do keep us posted.

They ought to give you two raises damn them.

xxoo

Lavinia said...

Oh dear, Pearl, I was not happy to read this. Please, please follow doctor's orders and take care of yourself. You have so much to look forward to...THE NEW HOUSE...which you will be so happy in...

I will include you in my prayers...

Congratulations on the raise..you deserve it...Ditto for the bonus. It's great to be appreciated that way!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Sweet Jesus. Why can't it just be good news for once?