Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Joe got sick yesterday. Fever, coughing, congestion, sneezy runny nose.....He worked all day, and by the end of the day he was all wobbly and his eyes were all glassy. Luckily, we only had to work 13 hours. We were outta there by 1030. It was soooo nice!!! Today, he called off. He hasn't called off since we started working there so I know he is really sick....guys are such whiners though!!! I think he WAS being overly dramatic at times though....I dosed him up on nyquil and made him some toast and hot tea and he fell asleep propped up on the couch so he could breath.
I just hope I don't get sick now. I just cant handle being sick and working all these hours. I won't be able to call off. Our new lady started yesterday and she seems to really know her stuff, so hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel job wise.

My biopsy is Friday and I am real nervous. I looked it up on the internet and they shoot some kind of iodine solution inside me (ouch!!) so they can see the abnormal cells, then they stick this pair of real long sissors up me and cut off a piece!!! They said I would feel a pinch and some cramping, but I bet it will be extremely painful....I have a wedding to go to the next day, so it better not be a lingering cramp or I'm gonna be pissed...

Well, I gotta eat something before work. Have a good day everyone!

6 comments:

Sassy said...

It freakin hurts! I was fine afterwards, but everyone is different.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "Luckily, we only had to work 13 hours."
the "only" part is what got me!
My biopsy was different than yours...she shoved a pencil thick stick with ridges on it into my cervix and pulled pieces out. Fun Fun. Hurt then, but not so much later..and the next day didn't feel anything. You'll be ok. Good luck!
And tell Joe to stop whining! Take him to the doc with you and let him watch what they do. YOU will be the one with the right to whine after that! lol

fineartist said...

Hope Joe is on the mend, and I will be praying like a crazy woman here for my little Pearl!

love you

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I'll be thinking of you Friday and hoping for good news.

Lavinia said...

I'm just catching up on your blog now, Pearl. Reading the description of this test nearly made me faint...I get so queasy about things like this...a friend just had her gall bladder removed, another friend's mom just diagnosed with cancer...what is going on.....I am praying for you Pearl.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavinia said...

I am hoping that by the time you read this, that Joe is feeling better.

There is nothing like Vicks vapo rub to open up the passages...smear it all over and under your nose....and stick your nose in the jar and inhale deeply...it works wonders.