Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hypocrisy

hypocrisy n. , pl. -sies . The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness

I want to talk about hypocrits today. Now, I don't claim to be perfect, and on more than one occassion I caught myself being a hypocrit. BUT I admit it. I admit my faults. If I feel I am wrong about something, I admit it. I have even apologized to people when I felt like I've wronged them. It wasn't easy, but I did it, and I will do it again I am sure.

No, what bugs me is not people who make mistakes, or act like hypocrits, its the ones that wont even admit it, or own up to it. Like people who backstab someone, and then act like their friend; THEN they have the nerve to get upset when someone does it back to them. Sounds to me like they are getting a taste of their own medicine. Karma baby. Now, I admit to gossiping about people, bitching about them...especially when I dont like them, BUT I wouldnt deny it AND I wont act like their friend. If I dont like someone, I wont be their friend. I wont hang out with them, and giggle with them or any of that bull crap. It really irks me when I see others doing it, and I get outraged when its done to me. I have a very simple request to people out there, and I think everyone should live by it. "If you dont like someone, dont pretend to be their friend." Its not that hard is it??

I have a lot of trouble trusting people, and I have several good reasons why, reasons I wont get into right now. So when I do lay down my trust in someone and they screw me over, it hurts, and it hurts bad. Im a fair person though, and sometimes I do give second chances, but not often. Ive given a second chance to only a few people, and one person in particular hasnt let me down. She knows who she is, and she knows I love her with all my heart and I am grateful for having her in my life. She is one of the few people out there that know how to admit when they are wrong, or have hurt someone, and can apologize for it. It takes a lot of guts to do that, and I admire anyone who can.

Where was I going with this post?? Not too far, just getting a few things off my chest. Just ranting and rambling I guess......

-----------------------------------------------

This weekend went by way to far. I spent it cleaning and relaxing. I cant relax until I clean, so they usually go hand in hand, unfortunately. BUT my house is clean and comfortable and I can relax guilt free. I was gonna go see Forever Gypsy, but Joe and I decided that we really couldnt afford to spend the money on it. It sucks being a responsible adult sometimes. *sigh* maybe next month.

I applied to several jobs this weekend. Hoping one of them will pan out.

Love you guys!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Fake, two-faced people make sick and I wish I could get a free pass for murder sometimes.

I also bitch, complain, and even talk bad about people when they're not around. But anything I say behind someone's back, I will say to their face. I'm one of these rare people who does not fear confrontation. I don't like it, but I'm not afraid of it either.

You don't need hypocites in your life, and I'm glad you don't put up with that crap. Life is too short, and you're too good a person.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Ha! I just wrote above that I fear confrontation. I need Holly to come to holiday meals with me.

We're all hypocrites. People who don't admit this are something else on top of it. Let's think of a name.

fineartist said...

Love you too hon!

Don't cha just love to get your house all cleaned up and then walk around looking at it? Maybe that's just me, I'm kind of weird that way.

Yep, if you can't say it to them, then don't say it about them, so true.

And you know I loathe that too when someone will talk shit about someone and then the next minute they are all kissing up to them, blows my mind...