Saturday, March 17, 2007

Last night while Joe and I were out and about some jerk hit our car!!! We're not hurt, and the car only got minor damage, but still!! And then the jerk tried to say it was our fault. Hello?? We were in the left land and he decided to come into our lane and didn't check to see if anyone was in our lane! And them BAM! he hit us. He tore up the bumper right above the wheel. I called the cops and he came and did an information exchange thingy, but he didnt file a report. I'm pissed. How are we gonna prove to the insurance company that it wasn't our fault if there is no actual report?? I tried to get ahold of the company today but no go...We have a five hundred dollar deductable if we have to use our insurance to fix our car. GRRRRRRRRR


In happier news, its going great in the office. He asked me to start coming in earlier and told me I was doing well. I have to work in there by myself on Wednesday. I think it's a test. Hopefully I pass it cos if I am put up there permanetly I get a dollar more an hour. I could really use that money.

I'm going to see my papaw's grave with my cousin today. She hasn't been there since she was a kid, and I haven't been there since before my grandma died. I never met my papaw. He died while my mom was preggers with me, but I feel a connection with him. My mom, and aunts and uncle and grams talked about him so much, and with such love I feel like I knew him. My great uncle put up a new headstone two years ago, and I would love to see it. When he died, he had no insurance, and the state was just gonna bury him in a pine box. My mom had a little money saved up and she got him a nice coffin, but only had money for a cement headstone, and it had worn away so badly you coudnt read the dates, so I am really anxious to see the new headstone he put up. When I was younger, that was one of the things I wanted to do if "I got rich". I wanted to buy a big fancy headstone for him. Is it bad and petty that I was a tiny bit upset that he did that?? I also thought that he should have at least consulted my mom and aunts and uncle about it before hand. He was their father after all..but I think sometimes I can be too negative and mean and petty about some things. At least he has a decent grave marker now right?? Brandy and I are gonna plant some wild flower seeds on his plot. I don't know if they will take this early in the year, but its still too cold to put actual flowers in. My papaw died of cirrous of the liver. He was an alcoholic. That also makes him more real to me. He had his faults, and a major one too. My mom worries about me sometimes. She's scared that I will turn into an alcholic cos its genetic...but I don't drink that often, and when I do, its only one or two drinks. I have zero interest in actually getting drunk. I like a little buzz now and then, but not stupid falling down drunk.

Well, my cus is on her way, so I'm gonna go get ready.

Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I'm becoming the worst cynic about insurance. I'll keep myself from getting started.

I'm with you on mixed feelings about things. I'm feeling negative and mean and petty now and again. Perhaps it's the side effects of winter changing to spring? Probably not that simple, although I'm pretty sure after several days in the sunshine, things start rolling off easier. A LOT easier.

I think your uncle should have mentioned to his siblings he was replacing the tombstone. Maybe he didn't want people to think he was going for bonus points or something. Maybe he wanted to bipass the committee process all families have to go through, and just get it done quickly. In any event, it's good that you feel connected to your grandfather, and that you and your cousin took seeds. I hope you'll blog about the experience.

*Stupid other driver!

beckyboop said...

Hi Pearl,

Been missing ya! It sucks about the car wreck. I think you will be able to prove it, the bast*rd.

I don't think your uncle was being petty. He probably, as you said, wanted to give him a decent grave marker.

XXOO, Becky

Sassy said...

I hope the insurance company comes through for you.

I come from a line of alcoholics. I drink occasionally. I sure could get on a good drunk right about now. :p

fineartist said...

Hi sweetie peety pie, I've been missin you loads, thank you for the e-mail, you always pick me up when I'm feeling low, and I love you for that girl.

Damned people in cars are dangerous, I hope it all works out well in the long run.

Right on about the job thingy, you are the bomb dang digity and it's a good thing your boss has the sense to see it.

love ya, mean it, Lo

Holly said...

What is up with all the car accidents lately? There was Kevins, now yours, and we also have a cousin that was in a real bad wreck. Her dauther is still in the hospital.

I'm so glad you're both ok, though. Insurance companies are the worst to deal with. Bastards.

And I too think it's nice that you're so connected with your grandpa. I hope someday my boy talks about me with that much love. I don't think it's wrong that you wish your mom and aunts could have been consulted on the headstone, but you're right, at least he has a nice one now. And hell, when you make it big someday you can get him an even fancier one, right?!

How are things going in the office? Did you get that raise?

Love ya,
hoo