Saturday, August 16, 2008

Went to my mom and dads anniversary party today. I had a good time, even though my family is completely psycho! My cousin Brandy went to my Aunt Wanda's house to pick up the family photos because my aunt went ape shit, quit her job, sold all her stuff and ran off to vegas with her best friends husband. I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!!!

Anyhoo, she had all the family photos in her basement, and being a crazy cat lady (I lost track at like 9) her cats pissed all over the photos and all we had left were two shoe boxes and two albums. We had given our photos to my aunt after my grandma died because at the time, she seemed the most responsible, and had the most room, because there were TONS of photos. Boxes and boxes and several albums. Now we are down to two shoe boxes and two albums....its sad! Well my cousin brought the pics out so that we could all go through them and take the ones we wanted. I started going through the biggest album and started sobbing about halfway through. There were so many pictures, and it brought back a lot of memories. We have lost so much in the last ten years! Don't get me wrong. I am somewhat happy. I have Joe and a decent job and soon I will have a cute little house. But in the last ten years I lost my grandma, I lost my two dogs and two cats (I know to some people animals are not that important, but they are to me, and I loved my babies so much, especially my Dachshund Daisy.) and I lost contact with several important members of my family. One of my moms other sisters, Sherry, became addicted to pain killers. She has birthed several children. 9 to be exact (Pedro, Jesus, Cecilia, Sophia, Tommy, Julie, Christal, Angel and a baby she gave up for adoption.) She started taking pills to get rid of her back pain...at least that why she SAID she was taking the pills. She became addicted pretty quickly and no matter what we did to help her, it just got worse and worse. She lied constantly, stole from us, prostituted herself and countless other things. After my grandma died and she stole anything of value from her apartment before we got there to pack up and distribute her belongings, we had to cut her out of our lives. Unfortunately, we lost all her children in the process. All but two of them have children now. The second youngest one is 14 and had a baby two months ago. The father is an 18 year old idiot who looks like he belong in a gang or something. He is very very scary looking and is of course not taking responsiblity for his child. The sad thing is that Christal thinks its all fun or something. I get the impression she is "playing house" right now. Wow, I digress. I am just rambling away, lol....my point of the whole thing is that it seems like our family has lost so much. A lot of us drifted away, or we had to push them away for our own well being. I told my aunt nancy that I wish things could be the way they were. Aunt Sherry and Aunt Wanda being normal again, grandma and my animals alive, the kids being kids instead of teenage mothers.....


Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

Sassy said...

Life happens. We all lose contact with each other. I'm not very close to my family, but I do miss what I've never had. I also miss my grandma who died three years ago.

I will be lost when something happens to my dog, Harley. He's been there for me through it all. He's always by my side. Animals are definately a blessing.

Sometimes you have to create your own family. I've created my family with friends, and as dumb as it may seem to some...all of my fellow bloggers.

=)

beckyboop said...

I love my animals too. They are an important part of our lives. If only we could save all of our family members. I can totally relate. My family is crazy. We have drug addicts, convicts, drunks. I don't think any of them have any pissy pictures ;).

Hugs

Holly said...

Wow, I hope your next ten years aren't quite as "eventful" as the last ten have been. Or if they are as eventful, it'll be in a good way (like lots of Joe and Pearl babies!).